Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ fleet of four ships – Balmoral, Braemar, Boudicca and Black Watch – will all be coming together in Norway’s second city, Bergen, on Tuesday 28th July 2015, for an historic joint celebration!
This ‘4Bs in Bergen’ event – named after the initial letter of each of the four Fred. Olsen ships – will be the first time ever that the fleet has converged in one place, anywhere in the world, and it is expected to be a very exciting day for both Fred. Olsen guests – of which there will be nearly 4,000 visiting that day – and the city of Bergen.
All four ships will be arriving at the Port of Bergen at 8am on 28th July 2015, and will be departing at 6pm. They will be operating on the following schedules:
Mike Rodwell, Managing Director of Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:
“This is a very special occasion for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, and we know that the city of Bergen is looking forward to welcoming our fleet on this unique day this Summer.
“We are committed to the city of Bergen on our Norwegian cruise itineraries, and we have been calling at the Port every year since 1997. In fact, the number of days that Fred. Olsen ships have spent in Bergen from 2006 to 2015 is 176 in total, and we know that the city is a highlight to many of our guests on cruises to our historic homeland.”
It is expected that the festivities on the day will include:
- Norwegian-themed marching bands, drummers and singers on the quayside
- a fantastic schedule of onboard entertainment – an afternoon show, deck party and live bands – to be co-ordinated so that all guests will have a chance to watch different shows across the different ships
- the chance to visit all four ships as they are berthed along the quayside, with complimentary drinks and canapés
- an inter-ship treasure hunt, where teams will compete against each other to complete the course around the beautiful city of Bergen in the fastest time and win a £200 gift voucher for a future Fred. Olsen cruise
- an action-packed inter-crew ‘tug o’ war’ challenge on Festningskaien, as small teams of crew from each ship battle it out, spurred on by vocal support from guests!
- a spectacular ‘water cannon’ send–off, as all four ships leave the Port in formation. Flagship Balmoral will depart first, followed by Braemar, Boudicca and Black Watch – all in size order!
Guests will also be able to book the following shore excursions as part of this very special one-off experience:
- a new walking tour, which will visit the Bergenhus Fortress, historic Bryggen and Ole Bull statue
- a boat trip across the harbour, to the island of Lygra, which will allow guests to see all four ships from the water
- a helicopter tour to see all four ships from above
- a Mount Fløyen funicular tour, with the emphasis on the view of the ships from the impressive summit
With its proud Norwegian heritage, Fred. Olsen has been visiting Bergen – the ‘Gateway to the Fjords’ – since 1997, and in 2015 will be celebrating a total number of 17 cruise calls for the year, comprising visits by nearly 17,000 guests. Balmoral, Boudicca and Black Watch will be making four calls each, and Braemar will be making five.
From Bergen, Balmoral will be continuing to Flåm on 28th July 2015; both Braemar and Black Watch will be meeting up again in Eidfjord; and Boudicca will be continuing to Ålesund.
For regular updates on the event and to get involved in the discussions, visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fredolsencruiselines
Fred. Olsen Cruise Line operates in the UK with four intimately sized ships for a more personal cruising experience.