On 10th September 2018, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ fleet of four ships – Balmoral, Braemar, Boudicca and Black Watch – will be reuniting once again in one of Europe’s most historic cities, Cádiz in Spain, for a spectacular event to mark the 170th anniversary of Fred. Olsen’s beginnings in the shipping industry. Entitled ‘Captains in Cádiz’, this get-together will be packed full of lively celebrations and festivities, on four special themed cruise itineraries, to go on general sale from 28th September 2016.
Mike Rodwell, Managing Director of Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:
“In July last year, we brought our four ships together for the very first time in Bergen, Norway, and it was one of the most celebrated events that we have held at Fred. Olsen since the shipping line’s inception in 1848. To mark our milestone 170th anniversary in 2018, we will be looking to build upon the tremendous success of our ‘Four Ships in Bergen’ event with ‘Captains in Cádiz’ – so-called because the ships’ Captains will be leading on many of the day’s activities.
“Fred. Olsen is committed to the city of Cádiz, and we have been calling there since 1997. We know that, for many of our guests, Cádiz is a highlight of their cruise with us, and the city is renowned for its historical architecture, warm welcome and generous hospitality. This port’s excellent facilities within the city will allow all four Fred. Olsen ships to berth alongside each other, meaning that Cádiz is the ideal location for this important moment in Fred. Olsen’s history. We don’t want our guests to miss out, so book now to avoid disappointment!”
Further details of Fred. Olsen’s ‘Captains in Cádiz’ event will be released over the coming months, but it is expected that the festivities on the day will include:
- Themed entertainment on board all four ships
- The chance to visit all four ships and meet up with the Captains and crew
- Unique menus, especially-created for the event
- A schedule of exciting shore tours
- Celebrations on the quayside, with performances from the ships’ Production Show teams and local entertainers
Fred. Olsen’s new itineraries in Autumn 2018, featuring the ‘Captains in Cádiz’ event, are as follows:
- Braemar’s 14-night M1822 ‘The Flavour of Spain’ cruise, ex Southampton on 31st August 2018. Prices start from £1,599 per person.
- Black Watch’s 14-night W1819 ‘Portuguese Explorer’ cruise, ex Liverpool on 1st September 2018. Prices start from £1,499 per person.
- Balmoral’s 14-night L1829 ‘Cities of Spain & Portugal’ cruise, ex Newcastle on 2nd September 2018. Prices start from £1,499 per person.
- Boudicca’s 15-night D1819 ‘Island-Hopping to Suez’ fly-cruise, ex Dover on 5th September 2016 (ends in Aqaba, Jordan). Prices start from £1,799 per person (fly-cruise package via London Gatwick / Manchester) / from £1,299 per person (cruise-only).
All prices above are based on two adults sharing a twin-bedded Interior Room, and include accommodation, all meals and entertainment on board, and port / airport taxes / transfers, where applicable.
The full details of Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ 2018/19 cruise programme will be released in its main ‘Worldwide Cruises’ brochure in Spring 2017.
For regular updates on the event and to get involved in the ‘Captains in Cádiz’ discussions, visit the Fred. Olsen Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fredolsencruiselines
For further information on Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, visit the website at www.fredolsencruises.com Book online, call Reservations on 0800 0355 242 (Monday – Friday, 8am – 8pm; Saturday, 9am – 5pm; Sunday, 10am – 4pm), or visit an ABTA travel agent.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Line operates in the UK with four intimately sized ships for a more personal cruising experience.