Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has been crowned ‘Best Cruise Line Operator for Groups’ by readers of Group Travel Organiser magazine, in its prestigious ‘2014 Group Travel Awards’, for the fourth consecutive year.
Fred. Olsen beat off stiff competition from the other nominated cruise lines – Norwegian Cruise Line, Cruise & Maritime Voyages, Hurtigruten and P&O Cruises to carry off the top prize. Fred. Olsen’s Ellie Fulcher, Group & Specialist Sales Manager, and Sophie Austin, Group & Specialist Sales Executive, were presented with this coveted award by Abbe Bates, Editor of GTO Magazine at a glittering ceremony held at The Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel.
Ellie Fulcher, Group Sales Manager, said:
"We would like to pass on our tremendous thanks to all those who voted for us! We are delighted that our efforts to offer tailor-made packages for groups on board our fleet of smaller, more intimate cruise ships have been recognised in this prestigious way, for a record fourth year in a row!”
Sarah Jeffery, Group Travel Awards Organiser, said:
"The Group Travel Awards are the longest established event celebrating excellence in the supply of services to group travel organisers. The winners are voted for by the readers of GTO magazine through personal experience over the last 12 months. Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines are to be congratulated on winning the 'Best Cruise Line Operator for Groups' category.”
Due to increasing demand from groups wishing to enjoy Fred. Olsen’s very special holiday experience, the cruise line set up its dedicated groups department in 2009 and has not looked back since.
Fred. Olsen's bespoke groups service appeals to those travelling in a group, with family or friends, or with their local club 'also specialise in corporate and incentive group travel and can offer an entire ship for an exclusive full ship group'.
Each Fred. Olsen group booking is tailor-made by the experienced, award-winning Group Sales team, and offers a choice of benefits, including*:
- Group leaders receive a free cruise place when they achieve their group passenger target, of 20 guests.
- Group pricing on request for larger groups
- Reduced single supplements for solo travellers
- Funding towards coach transfers to and from the departure port or airport
- Funding towards car parking at the port or airport
- Free onboard spend credit, ranging from £25 to £150 per person, depending on the cruise chosen
- Free group drinks party on board
- Preferential group dining, upon request
- Private group Afternoon Tea, upon request
- Group photograph, upon request
- Exclusive use of onboard facilities, such as Card Room, lecture areas and meeting rooms, for private group activity
- Priority group disembarkation for coach parties
- Exclusive group shore tours can be arranged, upon request
- Free personalised promotional materials
- Assistance with promotional events
*Full Terms and Conditions are available from the Group Sales Team, upon request.
Photo caption: (R-L) Abbe Bates - Editor of GTO Magazine, Sophie Austin - Group & Specialist Sales Executive at Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Ellie Fulcher - Group & Specialist Sales Manager at Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines and Comedian Dominic Holland.
Fred. Olsen is proud to be the only UK travel company to receive a coveted ‘Gold Award’ from leading consumer review website Feefo, having achieved a 95% service rating of 'Excellent' or 'Good' in over 5,600 genuine, independent guest reviews in 2013.
Fred. Olsen was also named ‘Best Affordable Cruise Line’ and runner-up ‘Best Cruise Line’ in the ‘Cruise International Awards 2013’, and ‘Best Value for Money’ in the Cruise Critic ‘Editors’ Picks UK Awards 2013’.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Line operates in the UK with four intimately sized ships for a more personal cruising experience.