Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has released its latest ‘Top 10’ best-selling cruises for the rest of the 2014/15 cruise season. Fred. Olsen’s four more traditional, intimate ships – Balmoral, Braemar, Boudicca and Black Watch – visit over 200 destinations around the world, from ten convenient, regional UK departures ports – Southampton, Dover, Harwich, Tilbury, Bristol (Avonmouth), Liverpool, Newcastle, Rosyth (for Edinburgh), Greenock (for Glasgow) and Belfast.
Fred. Olsen’s current ‘Top 10’ best-selling cruises are as follows:
1) Boudicca’s two-night D1425 ‘Festive Dublin Mini-Cruise’, ex Liverpool on 10th December 2014. Prices start from £129 per person.
Guests can soak up some true Irish hospitality and ‘craic’ in the many pubs, bars and cafés at Temple Bar, or take a trip to the Christmas Market at St. Stephen’s Green and Docklands to find that extra-special Christmas gift.
2) Balmoral’s 119-night L1501 ‘Far East Explorer’ cruise, ex Southampton on 4th January 2015. Prices start from £8,999 per person.
This incredible ‘Grand Voyage’ is Fred. Olsen’s longest-ever sailing and is the ultimate ‘holiday of a lifetime’. Setting foot in 51 destinations, in 24 countries, experiencing three different continents, sailing through three oceans and 10 seas, whilst passing through 13 time zones, this cruise is packed full of iconic and awe-inspiring locations.
3) Balmoral’s 24-night L150113 ‘Embark for Egypt & the Emirates’ fly-cruise, ex Southampton on 4th January 2015. Prices start from £1,416 per person, including return flight and transfer.
This exotic fly-cruise begins with calls at the charming ports of Malaga (Spain) and Valletta (Malta), before cruising through the Suez Canal. Next, guests will have the chance to explore the intriguing Middle East, including Jordan (Aqaba), Muscat (Oman) and the United Arab Emirates, before arriving in Egypt.
4) Balmoral’s 19-night L150134 ‘From Bustling Bombay to Beautiful Burma’ fly-cruise, ex Dubai on 27th January 2015. Prices start from £2,513 per person, including return flights and transfers.
Departing from the modern metropolis of Dubai, Balmoral then cruises to India – with a stop in Mumbai, where guests can take an overland tour to the legendary Taj Mahal memorial – and Sri Lanka. Next is an overnight stay in Yangon in Myanmar (formerly Burma), before arriving in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).
5) Boudicca’s 14-night D1506 ‘African Escapade & Easter Parade’ cruise, ex Southampton on 24th March 2015. Prices start from £1,079 per person.
On this Spring sunshine cruise, Boudicca takes in Casablanca (Morocco), Algiers (Algeria) and Melilla (Spanish Morocco) in Northern Africa, as well as Gibraltar, Lisbon in Portugal and two beautiful stops in Spain – Cartagena and Malaga. With a late-night stay in Malaga, guests can enjoy the spectacular ‘Maundy Thursday’ procession.
6) Balmoral’s eight-night L1502 ‘Scenic Railway & Phenomenal Fjords’ cruise, ex Southampton on 3rd May 2015. Prices start from £799 per person.
Balmoral will cruise to the picturesque Norwegian towns of Stavanger, Olden and Flåm – where guests can take a trip on the famous Flåmsbana Railway, to enjoy the fantastic views. Guests will also be able to enjoy a scenic cruise past Hardangerfjord and Nærøyfjord – which has been rated as the world's number one natural heritage site by National Geographic.
7) Boudicca’s seven-night D1514 ‘Highlights of the Highlands’ cruise, ex Rosyth (Edinburgh) on 21st June 2015. Prices start from £799 per person.
From the grandeur of the Orkney Isles to the beauty of the Shetlands, guests on board Boudicca for this ‘Around the UK’ cruisewill be able to explore some of the most remote and attractive islands off the coast of Britain.
8) Black Watch’s 11-night W1511 ‘Icelandic Wildlife & Waterfalls’ cruise, ex Liverpool on 12th July 2015. Prices start from £1,199 per person.
Guests will have a chance to discover the naturally impressive Iceland – ‘the land of fire and ice’ – on this unique cruise. With an abundance of wildlife and dramatic landscapes, including geysers, waterfalls and volcanos, this extraordinary destination is sure to ‘wow’ guests. Plus, with an overnight stay in the capital city of Reykjavik, guests will have ample time to enjoy all of its many highlights.
9) Braemar’s 14-night M1521 ‘Falls, Fjords & Faroe Islands’ cruise, ex Dover on 18th July 2015. Prices start from £1,499 per person.
Braemar will call at the remote Faroe Islands, before visiting three destinations in Iceland, including the capital city Reykjavik. Arriving in Bergen, Norway’s second city, guests will be part of a very exciting celebration for Fred. Olsen, as all four ships across the fleet dock in the Norwegian city together for the first time ever.
10) Balmoral’s 13-night L1513 ‘Meteor Showers & Sunbathing’ cruise, ex Southampton on 8th August 2015. Prices start from £1,299 per person.
This 'experiential' cruise will give guests the opportunity to view the stunning, multi-coloured ‘Perseid Meteor Shower’ at the optimum time, whilst visiting the beautiful Canary Islands and Portugal.
All prices are based on two adults sharing a twin-bedded, Inside cabin, and include accommodation, all meals and entertainment on board, plus port / airport dues and transfers, where applicable.
Fred. Olsen was proud to be namedone of Which?’s Top 3 cruise lines in the UK and a ‘Recommended Provider’ in its 2014 cruise survey. Fred. Olsen was also delighted to be voted ‘Best for Enrichment’ for the third time at the ‘Cruise International Awards 2014’.
For further information on Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, visit the website at www.fredolsencruises.com Book online, call Reservations free on 0800 0355 242 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm; Saturday, 9am to 5pm; Sunday, 10am to 4pm), or visit an ABTA travel agent.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Line operates in the UK with four intimately sized ships for a more personal cruising experience.